- Health & Environment
State and county health departments have prepared a multitude of information for residents to protect health proactively. The Town of Erie continues to urge residents, businesses, and visitors to follow guidance provided by the CDC and local public health agencies.
State and County Health Departments
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Boulder County Department of Public Health
- Weld County Department of Health and Environment
Information on vaccinations can be found at: Where can I get vaccinated? | Colorado COVID-19 Updates Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution Vaccine Distribution.
The CDPHE recommends steps to protect yourself and help control the community spread of COVID-19:
- Wear masks or face coverings in certain situations according to the mask guidance.
- Stay home when you feel unwell.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least six feet from other people whenever possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, including eyes, nose, and mouth.
What is the Town Doing?
The Town of Erie continues to evaluate and refine its approach to the COVID-19 pandemic by focusing on the community's safety and well-being.
- Enacting a Local Disaster Declaration
- Participating in ongoing and regular communications with local and regional emergency management and health agencies to review necessary data, updates, and strategies to coordinate response and action.
- Erie emergency responders have response plans and screening protocols currently in place.
- Providing education about the virus and healthy habits to residents, employees, and users of our public facilities.
- Increasing the frequency and detail of cleaning and sanitizing our public facilities and providing additional resources and facility staff strategies.
- Encouraging facility users to cancel participation in classes, activities, and programs if they are ill.
The Town offers a suite of pages with information to help our community navigate through the challenges posed by the pandemic.
- Five Star Certification for Businesses
- Industry Webinars hosted by Boulder County chambers and economic development partners
- Business Recovery Program: Resources, community support, signage
- Emergency Relief Grants: $300,000 in grants to 44 businesses
- Outdoor Restaurant Expansion: Eased regulations to resume sit-down service
- Open for Business Map: Engaging Erie's economy in partnership with the Economic Development Council.
- Utility Bill Grant: Bill credit to those financially impacted by COVID-19