The Town of Erie Department of Public Works maintains a Recycling Center which accepts single stream recycling of all your recyclable items (plastic, paper, glass, metal, cardboard, etc). Learn before you visit which items you can and cannot recycle by downloading the Single-Stream Recycling Guide.
Please do not leave anything outside of the bins or on the street in front of the facility. Any items that are not placed in the bins will not be recycled. The recycling bins are emptied by Waste Connections weekly.
- Visitors must check-in with staff upon entry
- Must provide proof of Erie residency
- Facial coverings are required
- Please do not visit the Recycling Center if you feel unwell, have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Visitors must unload single-stream recycling and break down cardboard
- No more than 8 people out of their vehicles at one time
- Staff are available to answer recycling questions
- Please respect the gates and posted hours
- Do not leave anything outside of the bins or on the street in front of the facility