- Public Works
- Electric Vehicles
Electric Vehicle Information
Electric Vehicle Incentives and Resources
(The Town of Erie does not manage your electric utility. Call your utility provider directly for more information.)
- Tax Credits:
- $2,000 Colorado Tax Credit
- $1,500 for 2-year minimum leases
- Up to $7,500 federal tax credit for new EV
- Up to $4,000 federal tax credit for used EV
- Xcel Energy:
- $500 charger and wiring rebate
- Income qualified rebates up to $5,500
- United Power: United EV members receive installation and set-up of wall-mounted ChargePoint Home Flex Level 2 charger, maintenance and repairs, $500 rebate for wiring, and several rate and charging options.
- Alternative Fuels Data Center - repository of all local, statewide, and federal incentives.
Erie is Committed
The Town of Erie is committed to increasing the number of electric vehicles on the road and improving charging infrastructure in the Town. To that end, the Public Works Department and Sustainability Division now offer public electric vehicle charging stations for the community's use. These charging stations are available 24/7 and are part of the ChargePoint network. Erie has a goal to partner with local electricity providers, counties, and neighboring municipalities to create a cohesive EV charging network and install 25 publicly available charging stations by 2025.
To access and use the ChargePoint stations, download the ChargePoint app and follow instructions to create an account.
The cost of charging your electric vehicle will be $0.15/kWh and can be covered with a credit card or through the ChargePoint app. All vehicles can be left at the charging station for up to four hours. After four hours, a $25 charge will be applied to your account. Spaces are intended to be a shared community asset and this system helps encourage that shared use.
To report a combustion engine vehicle parked at the EV charging station, please call the non-emergency police dispatch line at 303-441-4444.
Regional Transportation Electrification Plan
- Erie participated in creating Boulder County's first Regional Transportation Electrification Plan.
- Executive Summary
- Regional Transportation Electrification Plan (completed August 8, 2022)