Erie Parkway Bridge Traffic Impacts
Beginning Monday, April 22, the next phase of construction will affect travel on Erie Parkway at Coal Creek for the Erie Parkway Bridge.
Motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists need to pay close attention to construction signs, stay clear of construction equipment and vehicles, and if possible, avoid the construction area during work hours.
What is occurring?
What you can expect:
- In total, 33 bridge girders/beams are needed for the bridge. Eleven will arrive to the site each day beginning Monday, April 22 through Wednesday, April 24 between 5- 6 a.m.
- The girders/beams will be set through Wednesday (weather permitting)
- A large crane will also arrive on-site Monday
- On Monday, eleven of these 80-foot long beams will be set throughout the day.
- Between the hours of 6 – 7 a.m. semi-trucks will emit mild equipment noise and flashing beacons
- During the placement of the girders/beams on the bride, temporary delays and impacts along Erie Parkway both direction will occur while trucks are leaving the site, or the crane is operating
- Girder/beam construction is set to finish Wednesday, April 24, although in the event of unforeseen circumstances it could continue through Friday
As a reminder, should you elect to view any operation it is extremely important to stay outside the construction zone and away from active areas. This precaution is for your protection as well as the protection of the contractors.
For more information, please contact Town of Erie Project Manager, Wendi Palmer email@example.com or, 303-926-2875.
View drone footage of the Erie Parkway Bride construction from April 8-12.