The Town of Erie and Waste Connections of Colorado, Inc. have negotiated closure of the Denver Regional Landfill. Terms of this comprehensive agreement involve both the Denver Regional and Front Range landfills located along the west and east sides of Weld County Road 5 respectively. This agreement will be in front of the Board of Trustees’ for consideration and determination during their March 27, 2018 meeting.
The key terms of the agreement are as follows:
- A firm closure date of the Denver Regional Landfill located on the west side of Weld County Road 5, with the last receipt of waste to occur no later than December 31, 2020. The operator will immediately begin capping and will complete the closure of the landfill.
- Relocation of truck traffic away from Sheridan Parkway and County Road 4.
- Landscaping improvements, including dedicated bicycle and pedestrian trail improvements along County Road 5 will be proposed and constructed at the sole cost and expense of Front Range Landfill.
- Waste Connections will relocate the hauling company’s facility that is currently located off of County Line Road, just north of Highway 7.
- The southeast ¼ of section 28 will be annexed and then under the Town’s jurisdiction and authority.
- Waste Connections will contribute $4.25 million towards the Erie Town Hall Expansion Project.
The complete agreement is available for review online through the Town of Erie’s Agenda Center.