Snow Removal Update – 1/6/2017
Crews plowing residential streets today
Town of Erie Department of Public Works crews are conducting snow removal operations on Residential Streets today, Friday, January 6th. As part of these operations, crews will make one pass down the center of Residential Streets and will apply Ice Slice at intersections.
The Town’s Snow Removal Policy prioritizes Primary and Secondary Routes. Residential Streets are plowed only in instances when snowstorms leave large accumulations that are expected to remain for several days. With Primary and Secondary Routes now completed, crews have moved into Residential Streets.
How can you help?
Please keep in mind, crews put forth the utmost effort during snowstorms. Extended storms may present various challenges for our crews, for example, equipment breakdowns and abrupt changes in the weather. To help our crews perform in a safe and efficient manner:
- Exercise extreme care, your safety and the safety of other motorists and pedestrians is the highest priority
- Travel at a safe distance from snowplows at all times
- Do not try to pass snow removal vehicles
- Park off-street if possible
- Do not shovel snow from your sidewalk and drive-way into the street
- Do not attempt to stop a snow removal vehicle or obstruct its path
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For more information on snow removal operations, please visit www.erieco.gov/snowremoval or call the Department of Public Works at 303-926-2872.