Town of Erie Cone Zones
Summer is the season for major road improvement projects. Each week we will list the projects that may have the biggest impact on traffic flow for that week. As always, please sign up for alerts to get more details about these projects and many others. More information and details on how to sign up are at www.erieco.gov/ConeZone.
- WCR 7 & Erie Parkway: WCR 7 is now open both north and south of Erie Parkway. Crews are working on intersection widening to the west of WCR 7 on Erie Parkway; road widening end date scheduled for end of September. Signal installation scheduled for end of 2022/beginning of 2023.
- WCR 5 Widening: Lane Closures due to median landscaping work are upcoming. Traffic signal installation currently scheduled for November.
- Erie Airpark: Road reconstruction nearly complete; driveway tie ins and shoulder work in progress.
- Hwy7 & Coal Creek Boulevard: Lane shifts on Hwy7 for work associated with the Parkdale Development and the new intersection of Coal Creek Boulevard.
- Erie Parkway Repaving: Powers Street to Briggs Street will be receiving roadway rehabilitation work scheduled Sept. 12-23.
- Sheridan Parkway: Lane closures associated with curb and gutter replacement.
Please remember that all road work is weather-dependent, and timelines may shift. Motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians should always be aware and use caution when in and around work zones. Whenever possible, please avoid the construction areas.