Town of Erie Cone Zones
Summer is the season for major road improvement projects. Each week we will list the projects that may have the biggest impact on traffic flow for that week. As always, please sign up for alerts to get more details about these projects and many others. More information and details on how to sign up are at www.erieco.gov/ConeZone.
- WCR 5: The final phase of the WCR 5 Improvements Project begins on Wednesday, Aug. 17. This phase shift includes a full opening of WCR 5. Intermittent closures of eastbound and westbound WCR 10 at the intersection of WCR 5 are expected with work occurring between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- A traffic signal at Flora View and WCR 5 is scheduled to be installed in the winter.
- WCR 7 and Erie Parkway: Lane shifts to the north on Erie Parkway. WCR 7 closed south of Erie Parkway for approximately 3 weeks.
- Airpark Reconstruction: Road subgrade treatment and repaving is underway with project completion expected in September. Access for residents to remain throughout construction.
- Hwy 7: Lane shifts on Hwy 7 at the new Parkdale connection (Coal Creek Boulevard) to add additional turn lanes and begin signal improvements.
Please remember that all road work is weather-dependent, and timelines may shift. Motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians should always be aware and use caution when in and around work zones. Whenever possible, please avoid the construction areas.