Your Golf Car
Our Mission to Serve and Protect
The Erie Police Department has noted an uptick in questions, concerns, and confusion as 'other vehicles’ have increased in popularity. In the coming weeks, stay tuned for more pieces that will clarify the differences between these vehicles, and the laws pertaining to each.
As our first feature, we explain the Town Ordinance as it relates to golf cars. Golf cars are restricted to streets (prohibited on sidewalks) that have a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, with exceptions. Golf cars are prohibited on Town paths and trails.
• Be 21 years of age with a valid driver license
• Have liability insurance
• Provide child restraints per state statutes
• Abide by all traffic laws
Golf Cars Are
• Restricted to streets that have a speed of 25 mph or less
• Prohibited on Town paths or trails
• Allowed on Mountain View Boulevard
For more information about golf cars, and to download a flyer, visit the frequently asked questions.
To report a violation or other concern, call Erie’s non-emergency dispatch at 303-441-4444.