Drivers are urged to use extreme care when around a stopped bus because the actions of children, especially younger students, can be unpredictable. The following actions are illegal (per theColorado driver’s handbook):
- Passing in any marked no-passing zone.
- Exceeding the speed limit when passing. .
- Passing within 100 feet of any intersection.
- Passing on any hill, curve, or where vision is obstructed.
- If a bus displays alternating flashing red lights, you must stop
- immediately before reaching the bus and should not proceed
- until the flashing lights stop; no less than 20 feet from the bus.