The Town of Erie advises that due to heavy rain and snow, the following roads and trails are closed through the weekend and until further notice:
• Weld County Road 10 between Colliers Boulevard (WCR 3) and WCR 5 is closed. Motorists are advised not to attempt to drive through standing water on WCR 10. Motorists are advised to use WCR 12 as an alternate route.
• Coal Creek Trail is closed. As Coal Creek water levels are high and rain and snow are forecasted to continue, the public is advised to avoid this area including pedestrian bridges.
During a Flood:
• If you receive a flash flood warning, move to higher ground immediately.
• If you can evacuate safely and have been instructed to do so, move quickly. If you cannot evacuate safely, go to the highest floor in your house. Take your emergency supplies with you (food, water, flashlight and battery-powered radio). If possible go to a room that has a hard- wired telephone.
• Do not attempt to cross water that is above your knees.
• Do not drive over a flooded area or around barricades.
• Abandon a stalled vehicle and immediately move to higher ground.
• Avoid moving water – six inches can knock you off your feet, and 18-24 inches can float a car.
• Avoid standing water – it will likely be contaminated and contain large amounts of debris.