The members of the Erie Police Department are dedicated to working with the community to prevent crime and disorder while improving the safety and quality of life for all. Our police department works in partnership to creatively and effectively identify and resolve community concerns. The volunteer program enhances customer service and community outreach and helps improve the quality of life in Erie by enhancing rapport, bringing innovation and advocacy, and providing opportunities for residents to participate and learn about the police department and local government.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Assist Patrol Officers during large Town events and sports games.
- Ride along with the officers.
- Assist in the Community Police Academy, National Night Out, and more.
- Be actively involved with the Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Serve as a community member in the Restorative Justice Program.
- Serve as a Volunteer Victim Advocate.
Applicants must reside in the Town of Erie.
Volunteer Victim Advocates
Are you looking to serve your community in a unique and valuable way?
Consider becoming a Volunteer Victim Advocate with Erie Police! Advocates work as a liaison with officers and detectives immediately after a report to provide support services to those impacted by crime or tragedy. These support services include crisis intervention, emotional support, victim rights information, and referrals to other local resources that may provide ongoing support and assistance.
- Pass a background check and be drug-free
- Required to complete a 40-hour Training Academy
- Must be able to volunteer one shift per month (shift selection is dependent on the volunteer’s availability and the department’s needs)
- Attend monthly volunteer meeting
- Have reliable transportation and phone service
- One-year commitment to the program
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy, and integrity
The next Volunteer Victim Advocate Academy will begin in January! Application below. Once received, our office will reach out to the applicant and schedule an interview.
For more information, please contact Victim Services Manager Valerie Greenfield at 303-926-2841 or email email@example.com.