- Public Works
- Recycling & Waste Disposal
Recycling & Waste Disposal
The Town of Erie is committed to providing the resources for recycling and waste disposal. Consider the methods below and for quick reference, type in your item on the A-Z Recycling Guide to find out the best place to dispose of ANY item!A-Z Recycling Guide
- Hard to Recycle and Hazardous
- Start at the Store
- Erie Recycling Center
- Yard Waste
- Reusable Item Pick Up
- Drop-off Centers
- Clean-up Days
Household Hazardous Waste (Boulder & Weld and State of Colorado programs)
Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials - Eco-cycle’s CHaRM
Propane tank Disposal (Boulder and Weld counties)
Start Waste Reduction at the Store:
- Select products with minimal packaging.
- Use products in containers that can be recycled locally.
- Bring your own canvas or net reusable grocery bags or if you have to, reuse plastic and paper grocery bags.
- Bring your own containers to stores that sell products in bulk.
- Plan to compost your food scraps and yard waste.
Yard Waste is now accepted at the Erie Recycling Center including:
- Grass clippings
- Flowers, plants, and weeds
- Branches (less than 12" in diameter)
Keep 'em out! Things not accepted:
- No soil or dirt
- No sod
- No rocks or gravel
- No wood over 12" in diameter
- No pet waste
- No food waste
Reusable Item Pick Up
Organizations that pick up reusable items free of charge:
- Resource Central (building/construction materials) – 303.419.5418
- Vietnam Veterans of America – 800.775.8387
- ARC – 303.238.5263
- The Salvation Army – 303.939.8502
- ARES Thrift Store – 303.444.8088
- Disabled American Veterans – 303.288.8387 x303
Additional Drop-Off Centers
- Resource Central – 303.419.5418
- Boulder County Recycling Center – 720.564.2220
- Boulder Humane Society Thrift Shop – 303.415.0685
- Flatirons Habitat Thrift Store – 303.404.2008 (Broomfield)
- Goodwill Industries – 303.650.7700
- TRU Thrift Shop – 303.604.5353 (Boulder)
- Longmont Humane Society Thrift Store – 720.494.8348
- Sister Carmen Community Center – 303.665.4342 (Lafayette)
Recycling Center Open 7 DaysThe Erie Recycling Center has returned to 7-days per week operations between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.! Read on...
Volunteers Needed: November Composting EventInterested in donating time to another successful composing event, on either Nov. 6 or Nov. 14... Read on...
Electric Vehicle Charging StationsWith an ambitious goal of 25 chargers by 2025, the Town is currently at... Read on...
Free Landfill Voucher Available Until Sept. 18Residents - don't forget to register for a voucher (one per household) for free access to the landfill through Sept. 18... Read on...
What is Recyclable?Whether you're recycling through a curbside recycling program or... Read on...
Clean Air ChampionsThe Regional Air Quality Council presented Erie's Sustainability team with a Clean Air Champions award... Read on...
Erie EV Showcase & Ride and Drive EventDon't be spooked by EV range! Put on your costume, bring your electric vehicle and stop by... Read on...
Erie Litter Pickup (and Pizza) at Reliance ParkJoin Eco-Cycle for a community clean-up starting at Reliance Park... Read on...
Fall Tree IncentivesOpen for the fall planting season! Read on...
What to do with leaves?Join other Erie residents in free leaf (and pumpkin) composting events at the Erie Recycling Center on Saturday, Nov. 6, and Sunday, Nov. 14 Read on...
Myth Busters Electric Vehicle EventJoin the Town on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021, from 4-7 p.m... Read on...
EVs Made Easy: Two-Part ClassroomLocal EV experts will provide a discussion on EVs, home charging systems, and available rebates... Read on...
Holiday Sustainability TipsThe Sustainability Advisory Board has prepared some tips to help reduce our environmental footprint... Read on...