Formerly the ’Tree Certificate Lottery Program’, the new rebate program allows residents to receive a $150.00 utility bill credit with proof of a qualifying tree purchase!
Qualify for a Rebate
To qualify for a rebate, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a Town of Erie utilities customer with a current, non-delinquent account
- Must be purchased during one of two optimal planting periods
- Spring: March 1 - June 30
- Fall: September 1 - October 31
- Must be purchased from one of five approved nurseries for planting at a Town of Erie service address
- Must be one of the approved trees from the 2020 Residential Rebate Program - Approved Tree Species
- Excluding ash and dwarf varieties or trees with an expected mature height of less than 12 feet.
- Deciduous trees must be 1.5-inch caliper or greater
- Evergreens must be at least 6 feet tall
- Resident will call 811 Notification Center of Colorado to request a free locate of underground utilities prior to digging
- Resident will plant/or contract the planting of the tree in accordance with the Town of Erie Tree Planting Specifications
- Resident will not plant tree in the right of way area without a tree work permit obtained from the Parks Division.
- Resident accepts all planting and ongoing care of the tree
Apply for a Rebate:
Applications are now sustainable! Before you get started, gather your utility billing account number; 811 confirmation code and receipts with purchase date; tree species purchased; and right of way permit application number if applicable.
LIMIT: One tree rebate per year per household
Submission of an application does not guarantee a rebate. Rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis until quantities are exhausted.
- Tree Planting Guide - tree planting best practices
- Tree Maintenance - tips on how to care for a tree once it has been planted
- Winter Tree Care - tips on how to care for your tree in the winter
- Tree Work Permit Details - required for planting trees in the Right of Way
- Tree Work Permit Application - required for planting trees in the Right of Way
- Emerald Ash Borer - What You Need to Know