Election & Voter Information
The Town of Erie holds a Regular Municipal Election on the first Tuesday of April in even-numbered years. Trustees serve four-year staggered terms; at every Regular Election, there are three out of the six seats up for election.
To view a list of current Board of Trustees visit the Board of Trustees webpage.
2022 Municipal Election
The April 5, 2022 Town of Erie Municipal election will include four (4) vacancies for the Town Board:
- One (1) Mayoral Candidate
- Three (3) Trustee Members
If you are interested in running for a Board vacancy, please review the 2022 Candidate Handbook (coming soon).
If you have questions about the election, please contact the Town Clerk.
Active registered Colorado voters are automatically sent ballots in the mail. With the ongoing pandemic, voting at home is the safest way to vote in the April 5 Municipal Election. Take action now to ensure you receive a mail ballot: register to vote or verify and update your ballot mailing address at www.GoVoteColorado.gov. This is especially important if you have moved recently or if you haven’t voted in a few elections.
Ballots for the April 5 Municipal Election are mailed beginning March 14. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Sign up at either http://www.WeldVotes.com or www.BoulderCountyVotes.org to track your mail ballot using Ballot Track a free service that will notify you when your ballot is printed, mailed, and received for processing.
- Consider adding an email address to your voter registration record. Emails are considered confidential and not part of the public voter file. But an email address helps the election office get in touch if a problem arises with your mailing address or ballot envelope signature.
- March 21 is the last day to register and still be mailed a ballot. It is also the last day to request a replacement mail ballot be sent to you. After this date, you can still register and vote or request a replacement ballot, but it must be done in-person. There is no registration deadline.
- March 29 is the last recommended day to return your ballot by mail. Otherwise, simply use a ballot drop box to return your ballot.
- All mail ballots are due by 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, April 5.
- Ballot Drop-Off and Voting Locations
- Track your Ballot
- Register to Vote in Boulder County