Election & Voter Information
The Town of Erie Clerk, Heidi Leatherwood, has certified the results for the 2020 Regular Municipal Election. The certification upholds the results previously posted. The newly elected Mayor and Trustees will take the oath of office during the April 28, 2020 Board of Trustees meeting.
The 2020 Town of Erie Regular Municipal Election
A few notes:
- This is a mail ballot election. Please allow sufficient time if returning your ballot via mail.
- Ballots may be dropped off at the ballot/utility payment box
- Ballots are collected daily.
- The Voter Service Center is located in the Board Room at Town Hall and can be accessed through the doors on the east side of the building.
- The Voter Service Center opens Monday, March 30 and will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday through April 6 and from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, April 7.
- On-site Election Staff will be following all required physical separation and other applicable requirements to ensure the safety of staff and voters.
- If you have not yet received your ballot by Monday, March 30 replacement ballots will be available at the Voter Service Center.
- Visit www.erieco.gov/vote to complete an application for a replacement ballot and bring to the Voter Service Center. Forms will also be available on-site.
- Before return ballot envelopes are opened, Election judges are assigned to verify the signatures on the return ballot envelopes with signatures from the Secretary of State voter registration database. If one judge cannot verify the signature, it is reviewed by a second judge. If both judges cannot agree on the verification of the signature, a third judge is asked to review. If two of the judges agree that the signature matches, the ballot is then forwarded for counting. If two of the judges agree that the signature does not match, a letter is sent to the voter requesting further verification. If a voter receives such a letter, verification can be accepted up to 8 days (April 15th) after the election and the ballot will be accepted for counting.
- Unofficial results will be posted on the evening of April 7 on the website and Town social media.
- OFFICIAL Final results will not be announced until April 16, at which time the Town Clerk will certify the results.
- Elected Mayor and Trustees will take office on April 28, 2020.
For questions please email: Townclerk@erieco.gov
General Election: Tuesday, April 7, 2020
The Town of Erie is conducting the Regular Municipal Election for all Erie Residents. Ballots were mailed to registered voters beginning on March 16, 2020. If you have not received your ballot and are eligible to vote, please visit the Voter Service Center.
During this election, registered voters in Erie will be electing a Mayor and three (3) Trustees. The Mayor will be elected to serve a two-year term and three Trustees will be elected to serve four-year terms.
Mayor & Trustee Positions
The Town of Erie holds a Regular Municipal Election the first Tuesday of April in even-numbered years. Trustees serve four-year staggered terms; at every Regular Election there are three out of the six seats up for election.