Town of Erie Mosquito Mitigation
The Town of Erie contracts with Vector Disease Control International (VDCI) to provide the Town with mosquito management: larval (water treatments) /Adult (trapping) mosquito surveillance, and fogging.
Weekly Fogging Schedule
Vector Disease Control provides the Town of Erie with general information on weekly trap and fog activities within neighborhoods. If you wish to be notified directly, and in advance of a fogging, subscribe to fog notifications from VDCI.
4Ds of Mosquito Mitigation
Drain - remove standing water from your property
Dress - wear long pants and sleeves to prevent mosquito bites
Defend - wear Environmental Protection Agency Opens a New Window. approved repellents
Dawn and Dusk - avoid being outside during peak mosquito activity
Vector Disease Control Services
- Routine larval surveillance and control
- Toll free 24 hour mosquito hotline (1-888-774-2161)
- 24 hour response and resolution to mosquito annoyance complaints
- Weekly trapping, identification and reporting of adult mosquito species
- Monthly reports of services performed, calls received, and actions taken
- Weekly mosquito fog notifications and viewable schedules (Erie residents check both Boulder and Weld County tabs)