Erie Neighborhood Improvement Program (ENIP)
What is the Erie Neighborhood Improvement Program?
The Erie Neighborhood Improvement Program seeks to enhance a neighborhood’s quality of life and ensure continued access to quality playgrounds and pocket parks through investments in capital infrastructure projects and the community-driven processes that inform them. We believe when partners work together with community members in project visioning and design and unheard voices are elevated, outdoor connections are more impactful and communities become more cohesive and inclusive.
Subject to annual appropriation, the Town of Erie will make funds available to support this competitive reimbursement program. Eligible applicants must submit an application with a budget and other required documents to be considered for funding. Applications are made available in January with awards announced in May. View the application for exact dates.
Through this program, the Town of Erie invites our HOA and District partners to apply for funding to develop and revitalize their pocket parks, trails, and other outdoor projects as identified and prioritized by the communities they serve. To facilitate project outcomes, applicants may request funding, as needed, for the following components:
- Playground structure or play amenities replacement, including, but not limited to: Structures, swings, slides, spinners, climbers, balancers, etc.
- Play surface improvements/replacements;
- Site amenities and park fixtures (trash cans, bike racks, benches, etc.);
- Landscaping improvements, including irrigation upgrades and xeriscape improvements.
Who Can Apply?
This program is only open to HOAs and approved Special Districts as defined below.
- An organized association under C.R.S. § 38-33.3-301, et seq., and operating on behalf of any property located in the Town that fully complies with 4-12-2 of the Erie Municipal Code;
- Special Districts with approved service plans and in good standing with the Town; and
- With a Board of Directors comprised of 100% residents of the area being served.
What Is the Process?
- Applicant submits and staff reviews the full application (with required documents).
- After review, projects are presented to the Town Council along with funding recommendations.
- After approval, Town staff reviews project requirements with the applicant.
- Applicant completes project and all required closeout documentation.
- The applicant submits for documentation for reimbursement and the Town reimburses to applicant.
Email staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.