Production Home Submittal
For PRODUCTION HOMES that have approved Master Plans, please apply for new permits using the “apply” function on the Customer Self-Service Portal.
You will need to indicate applicant, general contractor, subcontractor, and parcel owner. When one person/company fits more than one role, you need to enter them multiple times and assign to each role.
There is a function to create templates so you do not have to re-enter all information each time.
Please upload the following documents on the CSS portal using the naming system Site address document name (: 1452 Jones St permit application or 1234 Erie Ave plot plan):
- Building permit application – signed by General Contractor with licensed sub-contractors listed
- Receipt for payment - of Fair Contribution for Public School from the designated school district
- Stamped soils test - report by a Colorado Engineering Firm
- Plot Plan
- Master Plan Stock Sheet - with applicable options clearly indicated and matched to application described work
- Enhancement Option Document - with applicable enhancement indicated
- Engineer Stamped Foundation Plan - based on soils report
- Site Specific Frame (for notified builders)
A Foundation Location Certificate (FLC) is required to be submitted and accepted prior to scheduling rough inspections.
Underfloor protection is required and appropriate documentation for type of protection utilized must be submitted. Example - application of an intumescent product requires submittal of installation certification from licensed applicator.
Stamped Engineer Observation Letters shall be submitted as individual pdf documents in one email submission and must be reviewed and accepted prior to scheduling final inspections.
The following foundation observations are required:
- Open hole/excavation
- Foundation wall steel
- Concrete encased electrode (Ufer)
- Damp proofing or water proofing
- Perimeter drain
- Any other observations required on the accepted plans
Third party inspection reports are required for:
- Insulation installation
- Underground radon installation
- Energy code compliance
A grading certificate stamped by the engineer and stating that grading conforms to original approved grading plans and an Improvement Location Certificate (ILC) must be submitted and approved prior to Certificate of Occupancy issuance.
Any items requiring inspection by the Fire Department will also require documentation to be submitted.
Town of Erie inspectors perform a multitude of required inspections for residential projects. In some instances, the requirements may vary from the information presented here.
Typical single family dwelling inspections completed by Town Building Division staff:
- Temporary power
- Sewer line
- Water line
- Underground plumbing
- Exterior & Interior Shear
- Rough electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical and framing (including porch posts)
- Electrical service
- Final electrical, plumbing, mechanical and building
Town Public Works staff completes a final inspection as well.
Requirements to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy for a finished home or a Certificate of Completion for a model home:
Submittal (via email with each document as a separate pdf attachment) and acceptance of:
- Completed inspection card (both sides)
- Third-party energy compliance report
- Improvement Location Certificate
- Grading Certificate
In addition to the above submittal all of the following must be completed:
- All required construction inspections must be passed and resulted
- All required third-party documents and engineer observation must be reviewed and accepted (prior to final inspections)
- Final Public Works inspection must be passed and resulted
- All fees and penalties must be paid
- All contractors listed on the project must still have licenses in good standing