- Planning & Development
- Building Division
- Fee Schedules
- Building Permit Fees
Building Permit Fees
Building Fees (Building, Electrical, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Plumbing)
The Building Division is responsible for Building Fees. For more call 303-926-2780.
- Permit Fee:Fee to administer, review and inspect building, electrical, gas, mechanical and plumbing work.
- For projects that contain mechanical, plumbing, electrical and building construction, a separate fee may be charged for each trade.
- Plan Check Fee: Fee to perform plan review of submittal documents for verification of compliance to all applicable building codes, standards and ordinances.
- Temporary Electrical Fee: Fee to inspect temporary electrical construction power for setting of meter by utility company.
- Sales/Use Tax: Applicable sales/use tax on anticipated material cost is collected with building permit fees. Material cost is calculated as 50% of the project valuation as determined using the method below.
Building permit fees for most projects are based on valuation of the project. Valuation for residential projects involving new floor area is calculated using the gross floor area and the applicable square foot construction cost based on occupancy/use and construction type as indicated in ICC Building Valuation Data-February 2022. The fees are then determined utilizing the table below. Valuation provided by the applicant is utilized for commercial projects unless determined to be a gross underestimate. Copies of contract documents may be required to verify project valuation.
Valuation of Work
$1.00 - $500.00
$501.00 - $2,000.00
$23.50 for the first $100.00 plus $3.05 for each additional $100.00, or fraction thereof, up to and including $2,000.00
$2,001.00 - $25,000.00
$69.25 for the first $2,000.00 plus $14.00 for each additional $1,000.00, or fraction thereof, up to and including $25,000.00
$25,001 - $50,000.00
$391.25 for the first $25,000.00 plus $10.10 for each additional $1,000.00, or fraction thereof, up to and including $50,000.00
$50,001.00 - $100,000.00
$643.75 for the first $50,000.00 plus $7.00 for each additional $1,000.00, or fraction thereof, up to and including $100,000.00
$100,001.00 - $500,000.00
$993.75 for the first $100,000.00 plus $5.60 for each additional $1,000.00, or fraction thereof, to and including $500,000.00
$500,001.00 - $1,000,000.00
$3,233.75 for the first $500,000.00 plus $4.75 for each additional $1,000.00, or fraction thereof, up to and including $1,000,000.00
$1,000,001.00 and up
$5,608.75 for the first $1,000,000.00 plus $3.15 for each additional $1,000.00, or fraction thereof
Building permit fees, based on total valuation as adopted by the Town of Erie Board of Trustees in Resolution No. 21-134.
For projects that do not involve new floor area, the valuation submitted on the application is utilized unless determined to be a gross underestimate. Copies of contract documents may be required to verify project valuation.
Some projects have flat permit fees or maximum fees:
- Construction trailer - $100.00
- Demolition - $25.00
- Fence installation - $47.00 plus tax
- Re-roof - $47.00 plus tax
- Solar Installation - $164.50 plus tax (does not include service upgrade)