Code of Conduct
The Town of Erie expects reasonable and appropriate behavior from those who visit and use the facilities and participate in activities. The Parks and Recreation Department has established a code of conduct to ensure safety and enjoyment and reserves the right to deny admission and/or take disciplinary action against any individual violating the code of conduct.
Types of Violations
A violations include, but are not limited to:
- Disorderly conduct
- Drug use
- Failure to cooperate with staff
- Noncompliance with established policies and rules
- Obscene language or gestures
- Possession of weapons of any kind
- Public intoxication
- Sexual misconduct
- Unlawful activity and any other behavior deemed offensive or unacceptable
Staff will enforce this code of conduct.
Community Center Policies
- All guests utilize the center and participate in activities at their own risk
- Children up to 9-years-old must be directly supervised by an adult at all times unless the child is participating in a center supervised program.
- Please see Guest Service for specific policies regarding fitness equipment and children.
- Please dress appropriately when in the center.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- Non-marking shoes are required in the gymnasium, racquetball courts, and fitness studio.
- Proper swim attire is required in the pool area.
- Athletic attire, including closed toe athletic shoes, are required in the fitness areas.
- No bicycles, mopeds, skateboards or skate shoes are allowed in the Center.
- Use of cameras, cell phone cameras, and video cameras are prohibited in all locker rooms and bathrooms. Any photography within the Center must be approved by the management.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to bring their own lock to secure clothing and valuables in lockers.
- Locks are also available for sale at Guest Service.
- Locks and property must be removed each night.
- Food, drinks and gum are not permitted in the gymnasium, locker rooms, racquetball courts, rock climbing area and fitness areas.
- Tobacco and weapons are prohibited in the center.
- Animals are prohibited unless service animals accompanying persons with disabilities.
- Please be aware of and follow all posted center rules and guidelines.