Many people call Colorado home because of a passion for the outdoors, a desire for a diverse and dynamic community, and a pace to life that appeals to all ages. The Town of Erie offers the best of all of these! With our majestic mountain views and progressive civic vision, we provide a genuine small-town feel with all the modern amenities you demand. Visit Erie to find a sense of community, neighbors who care, miles of connecting trail systems, dozens of well-maintained parks, and expanding commercial opportunities in high demand from current and future residents.
Not surprisingly, growing families, young professionals, outdoor enthusiasts, and active adults are drawn to our panoramic views, scenic trails, championship golf course, recreational activities, and more than 300 days of sunshine per year.
There are many exciting developments underway here in Erie! Many of the projects reflect different aspects of our economic development strategy which is to create an environment to foster growth and attract new businesses within the Town of Erie.
Commercial & Retail Centers
Downtown Erie is in the geographic heart of Erie and in the middle of historic Old Town. There are multiple options in Downtown Erie for retail, restaurant, and office space:
- Coal Creek Park - Now Open
- 105 Wells Street - Erie Social Club
- 730 Briggs Street - Mixed-use retail/office now leasing
- 600-620 Briggs Street - Echo Brewing purchase and expansion
- 554 Briggs Street - Lucile's Creole Cafe
- 615 Briggs Street - Piripi restaurant
- 526 Briggs Street - Birdhouse Restaurant
- Revitalization Grant
In April of 2021, the Town of Erie was awarded a $25,000 Economic Development Administration grant to partially fund the Makerspace Feasibility Study. After a competitive RFP process, the Town selected AYRES Associates Inc. to conduct the feasibility study. The consultants conducted several stakeholder meetings, site visits and multiple discussions with internal staff. AYRES presented their findings in Nov 2021.
The research ultimately provided a site to locate the Makerspace (Schofield Farms), an operational structure, and estimated costs. Since late 2021 the Town and the Makerspace Foundation Committee has been continuing to advance the progress of this amenity. If you are interested in volunteering on the committee, please contact email@example.com.
At the Heart of Erie
The 390 acres, around Town Center (the intersection of Erie Parkway and County Line Road) was a study subject by the Urban Land Institute. Their findings show this location is prime for becoming a unique and thriving place with the right mix of retail, office, residential, civic, park and open space uses.
- March 2023 - Town announces Evergreen as preferred developer.
- Feb. 2023 – Town is set to a preferred developer for 20-acre Town-owned site at Town Center.
- Feb. 2023 – Grand Opening for Premier Members Credit Union at Erie Commons (350 Ambrose St.).
- Jan. 2023 – “Wee-Cottage” Community with 150 smaller format homes under construction at Erie Commons
- Nov. 2022 – Final Plat submitted for 19-acre Ranchwood Development, with 288 residential units and four commercial buildings.
- Nov. 2022 – Groundbreaking held for 45-acre Erie Four Corners mixed-use development.
- Sept. 2022 – Circle K Convenience Store & Gas Station open at Erie Commons (202 S. Briggs St.).
- Aug. 2022 - Town posts Request for Proposals for development of the Regency Parcel.
- Feb. 2022 - Town Announces Purchase of Property for Town Center Development.
Now Open & Coming Soon
- Premier Members Credit Union: Now Open
- Circle K: Now Open
- Town Center Plans
- Town adopts Development Agreement for "Four Corners" Property
- Ground Breaking for Four Corners – November 2022
Town Center Materials
The I-25 Erie Gateway encompasses 1,280 acres of land located at the northwest corner of I-25 and Erie Parkway.
The Town's intent is to create a regionally-scaled retail and employment center at Erie's eastern gateway servicing the Northern Colorado marketplace that is recognized as a true destination where businesses and people flourish. The vision for the development future of the Plan area is one that maximizes the site's revenue generating potential while employing sound land use and high quality design principles.
I-25 Gateway Resources
Additional information about the I-25 Erie Gateway
Property Owner Meetings
The Town of Erie has re-invigorated collaborative meetings with neighboring property owners to discuss opportunities to be a part of a new URA in this location or provide input on the zoning process. Information from these meetings is provided here:
Town of Erie Urban Renewal Authority
Colorado law gives cities and towns the right to form urban renewal authorities which empowers them with certain tools, including eminent domain and tax increment financing, to encourage economic vitality and improve the public safety of an Urban Renewal Authority (URA) project area. Learn More.
The Town of Erie has received proposals from interested organizations with the appropriate expertise and experience to help evaluate, activate, and manage a new incubator program in Erie to help small businesses and entrepreneurs to grow and prosper. These proposals are currently being reviewed and the organizations are being interviewed.
An incubator program is a proven model to help startup companies and entrepreneurs by providing early-stage assistance to overcome barriers to entry and commercialize a business concept. They have been used as a catalyst tool for both local and regional economic growth. Incubators tend to provide professional services such as consulting, mentoring, prototype creation for minimum viable product (“MVP”), development of leadership team, three-to-five-month business planning program/accelerator, and access to capital. Often, incubator programs focus on specific sectors where there is a notable gap in the market, a lack of innovation in the industry, or a cluster of similar businesses exist in the region to bolster economic synergies and success.
Nine Mile Corner is at the intersection of Hwy 287 and Arapahoe Road. This commercial area is strategically located along one of the busiest commuter thoroughfares through western Boulder County.
Now Open & Coming Soon
- Nine Mile Corner Developer Website
- Five Guys: Grand Opening Jan. 31, 2023
- Restore Hyper Wellness: Now Open
- Lowes, Taco Bell, UCHealth opened in 2022.
- Outlook Nine Mile apartments opened in 2022.
- King Soopers groundbreaking in early 2023.
Nine Mile Corner is now fully committed, with all available property now leased or sold. For more information about other available properties contact the Economic Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.