The Town is responsible for maintaining all paved and unpaved roads in the Town. Maintenance includes road blading, street sweeping, snow removal, asphalt maintenance, signing and marking, shoulder work, roadway clean up, and concrete work. The Town of Erie uses a variety of approaches to extend the service life of a road. In addition to pothole filling and patching the Town uses hot chip seal, crack fill, slurry seal, double chip seal, mill, overlay, and chip seal.
This page is intended to details the "Cone Zones" in the Town of Erie where road construction might impact driving routes for residents and visitors. Be sure to sign up for text alerts to have the latest information sent right to your phone.
- There are 138.5 miles of streets in Erie.
- 15 miles of streets have aged past their remaining service life (15 years): County Line Road, Erie Parkway, Cheesman Street, Vista Parkway, Holbrook Street, Briggs Street.
- In 2019, $1.5 million was spent on street overlay projects and $500,000 on street reconstruction projects.
- Following a 2020 Street Improvement Project, the annual cost of street maintenance ranges from $3-$4 million.
- In 2021, road maintenance crews completed 7.7 miles of a planned 8.8 miles of road resurfacing by October. This is the length of 135 football fields end-to-end, or the height of three fourteeners if the mountains were stacked on top of one another. Amazing work despite the supply chain issues and labor shortages!
Current & Planned Projects
Construction hours for street projects are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless given special approval by the Town for extended hours.
Not all roads in and around Erie are the responsibility of the Town of Erie. State highways, county roads, and some other regional roads are maintained by other entities. Please check with CDOT, Boulder County, or Weld County for updates on those areas.
May 27, 2023 - Upcoming Weekend Work on Sheridan ParkwayThere will be additional (weekend) workdays for the ongoing Sheridan Parkway reconstruction project. Our contractor has requested permission to conduct work on a few upcoming Saturdays, as they continue with the mill and overlay procedures. Read On...
May 22, 2023 - Street maintenance on Sheridan Parkway between County Road 4 & State Highway 7There will be a full closure of northbound and southbound Sheridan Parkway between County Road 4 & Ridgeview Drive. However, the mill and overlay work from Ridgeview Drive southbound lanes to State Highway 7 will not require a full closure. Read On...
County Line Road Closure Near Hwy 7 Begins May 23County Line Road, between Hwy 7 and Monroe Street, is scheduled for closure to all northbound and southbound traffic, beginning on Tuesday, May 23, 2023. This closure will be permanent. Read On...
Tuesday, April 11 - Asphalt repairs in WCR5 northbound turning lane near Erie Pkwy IntersectionOn Tuesday, April 11, 2023 HEI Civil will be making asphalt repairs in the WCR5 northbound turning lane near Erie Pkwy Intersection. Read On...