The Town is responsible for maintaining all paved and unpaved roads in the Town. Maintenance includes road blading, street sweeping, snow removal, asphalt maintenance, signing and marking, shoulder work, roadway clean up, and concrete work. The Town of Erie uses a variety of approaches to extend the service life of a road. In addition to pothole filling and patching the Town uses hot chip seal, crack fill, slurry seal, double chip seal, mill, overlay, and chip seal.
- There are 138.5 miles of streets in Erie.
- 15 miles of streets have aged past their remaining service life (15 years): County Line Road, Erie Parkway, Cheesman Street, Vista Parkway, Holbrook Street, Briggs Street.
- In 2019, $1.5 million was spent on street overlay projects and $500,000 on street reconstruction projects.
- Following a 2020 Street Improvement Project, the annual cost of street maintenance ranges from $3-$4 million.
Current & Planned Projects
Below are the projects planned for construction in 2021, and the diagram to the right may also be expanded with a click. The dates shown are the best estimates and may change due to weather and other factors. Construction hours for street projects are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless given special approval by the Town for extended hours.
Not all roads in and around Erie are the responsibility of the Town of Erie. State highways, county roads, and some other regional roads are maintained by other entities. Please check with CDOT, Boulder County, or Weld County for updates on those areas.
Coal Creek Regional Trail from Vista Ridge/Vista Pointe toward Lafayette is closed at this time. Read On...
Erie Parkway roadway construction will involve reduced speeds and daytime lane shifts and/or lane closures between Colliers Parkway and WCr 5 through September... Read On...
Arapahoe Road will be down to one single lane on Wednesday, July 28 between Lakota Ranch Road and 111th Street. Read On...
- 119th Street
- County Line Road
- S. Main Street to Lafayette - Storm sewer work, full closure - July/August
- Crack Seal and Asphalt Patching
- June - August
- Cone Zone Alert
- 111th Street
- Dickens Street to Morris Street - Utility work, full closure - July 19-Aug. 1
- Morris Street to Arapahoe - Utility work, full closure - Aug. 2-17
- Cone Zone Alert
- Arapahoe Road
- Hwy 287 to Safeway access - Road widening, one lane closure - July/August
- Erie Parkway
- County Line Road to Austin Street - Waterline work, one lane closure - July/August
- Collier Blvd./Bonanza Drive west to 119th Street - Concrete Maintenance, single lane closure
- July 19
2021 Airpark Construction
As part of this year’s Street Maintenance Program, road work a the airport will include full depth reclamation, compaction, and fine grading of existing sub grade of the roads in the east side of Erie Airpark (except Bonanza Dr.).
Commander Circle (Vista Pointe) will also be patched, edge milled, and overlay as part of the project.
Work hours will be 7 a.m. to dusk, Monday through Friday. Saturday hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. No work is expected to take place on Sundays and Holidays.
All of the work is also subject weather conditions. The schedule below is a guideline and can shift one way or another based on progress and/or delays.
Crews on-site will accommodate residents leaving and accessing their homes although minor delays will be possible at times. Roads will be accessible and not fully closed even during work hours. This will be an inconvenience at times with the road conditions, equipment, and general construction taking place.
Schedule of Work:
- Cessna Dr., Beech Ct, Stearman Ct. | July 21 – Aug. 26
- Full Depth Reclamation - July 21-29
- Fine grading - July 29 - Aug. 20
- Bottom lift of asphalt - Aug. 20-26
- Bellanca Ct., Commander Dr., Viking Ct. | Aug. 26-Oct. 6
- Full Depth Reclamation - Aug. 26-Sept. 3
- Fine grading - Sept. 3-30
- Bottom lift of asphalt - Sept. 30-Oct. 6
- Cherokee Ct., Mooney Pl., Skylane Dr. | Oct. 6-22
- Full Depth Reclamation - Oct. 6-8
- Fine grading - Oct. 8-20
- Bottom lift of asphalt - Oct. 20-22
- Piper Dr. | Oct. 22-Nov. 15
- Full Depth Reclamation - Oct. 22-28
- Fine grading 10/28to - Nov. 11
- Bottom lift of asphalt - Nov. 11-15
- Commander Cir. | Oct. 22-Nov. 15
- Full depth Patching, 7’ edge mill
- Top lift all roads, place the remaining 3 inches of asphalt on all roads (1.5” on Commander Circle) | Nov. 24-Dec. 10
- Shouldering | Dec. 10-17