- About Erie
- Historic Organizations
The Town of Erie is home to several groups that are dedicated to the preservation of the history of Erie. Each of these organizations is committed to act in cooperation with others, serve as a resource to the community, and ensure interested parties connect to the appropriate organization. The Town of Erie supports each of these organizations individually and is committed to providing the assistance needed to facilitate continued cooperation.
Historic Preservation Advisory Board
This Board is an appointed body and serves in an advisory capacity to the Town of Erie Board of Trustees. For more, visit the website. Primary goals and objectives:
- Facilitate surveys on historically significant properties
- Landmarking of historically significant properties
- The end goal of historical area/neighborhood within the Town of Erie
Erie Historical Society
Founded in 1984 to preserve Erie, Colorado's history, the Erie Historical Society honors those hard-working pioneers who mined the coal, worked the fields, and ran the railroads, as well as the pioneer women who raised the families and educated the children. For more, visit the website. Primary goals and objectives:
- Celebrate, educate and preserve the History of Erie
- Wise Homestead and Museum
- Programs and events: History Day Educational Program for Erie 3rd & 8th-grade students, local history series, Erie Biscuit Day, A Homestead Christmas, Lunch in the Park, Erie newspaper digitization project.