Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program
WaterSense labeled controllers allow watering schedules to better match actual landscape and turf water needs. With proper installation, programming, and maintenance, homeowners can use WaterSense labeled controllers instead of standard clock-timer controllers on their existing systems, and reduce irrigation demands.
Erie residents can complete an application for a rebate of up to $200, after purchasing and installing an EPA approved WaterSense (SMART) irrigation controller.
Download rebate application here.
645 Holbrook St.
P.O. Box 750
Erie, CO 80516
To qualify for a rebate, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be a Town of Erie water customer with a current, non-delinquent account.
- The unit must be installed at the address on your water bill and must remain in the possession of the original purchaser, or remain at the original installation address for at least one year from the date of purchase. Original receipt must be provided and show a purchase date
- The unit must be a qualifying model listed on the EPA website www.epa.gov/watersense/irrigation-controllers.
- Have an active application for an outdoor irrigation audit through Resource Central or have had a recent audit within the previous 24 months
- Agree to cooperate with future informational requests related to water usage and irrigation audits as part of a pilot study.
- Rebates are on a first-come, first serve basis with a maximum allowable rebate of one per family account
To Apply For Your Rebate
- Purchase and install a qualified Watersense Smart Controller
- Provide the original receipt listing the controller make and model (maximum rebate amount will be up to $200. Actual rebate amount will be the cost of the unit).
- Submit the rebate application (which includes the Affidavit of Lawful Presence in the U.S. that is required by House Bill 06S-1023 signed into law on July 31, 2006) along with the following required documentation:
- A legible copy of the ID required by the Affidavit of Lawful Presence in the U.S. Acceptable types of ID are listed on the rebate application.
- Your original receipt for the qualified unit, showing the date of purchase, make and model, installation date and installation location.
- A copy of your latest Town of Erie utility bill.
Bring in or mail, your application and all supporting documents to the Public Works office via:
- In Person: Town Hall, 645 Holbrook Street, Erie, CO 80516
- Mailing Address: Town of Erie, ATTN: Public Works Water Conservation Rebate Program, PO Box 750 Erie, CO 80516
Submission of an application does not guarantee a rebate. Rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis until the allotment is exhausted. All originals will be returned.
* Incomplete applications will be unprocessed.