Contractors Licenses

Contractors Licenses are issued through the Building Department. Please call 303-926-2780 for more information.

Backyard Chickens License

The Board of Trustees approved an ordinance permitting the keeping of backyard chickens effective November 29, 2013. The keeping of backyard chicken hens shall be permitted accessory use to single-family detached dwelling units on lots greater than 5,000 square feet in lot area.

Residents must apply for a license which shall be reviewed and approved prior to bringing chickens on site. Residents living within home owner associations (HOA) are encouraged to speak to their respective HOA prior to beginning the application process, as most HOAs do not allow the keeping of backyard chickens.

If you would like to keep backyard chickens, please fill out the Application for Backyard Chickens (PDF).

Sales Tax

As a statutory town, the Town of Erie's sales tax is collected by the State of Colorado. Please contact the Colorado Department of Revenue for more information: