Daily inspection limit
Due to current staffing, the Building Division is limiting the number of inspections that can be requested each day. Any inspections over this limit will be rolled to the following business day. Sorry for any inconvenience. WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ABLE TO PROVIDE TIME WINDOWS FOR INSPECTIONS.
2020 National Electrical Code now adopted
The Town of Erie Board of Trustees has adopted the 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC) to be effective August 21, 2021. Please be advised: any and all electrical work permitted in the Town after September 21, 2021 will be required to comply with the 2020 NEC.
Town Hall is now open.
Town Hall is now open to the public. Appointments are no longer required. People that are not fully vaccinated are asked to wear a mask.
The Building Division continues to accept applications electronically thru the Self-Service Portal (preferred), or via email. Please see the Permit Submittal and Inspection Requirements page to ensure your submittal is complete to aid in prompt review and approval. All permit types are not yet represented here.
If you need to speak to an inspector to cancel a scheduled inspection, or for any other reason please call 303-926-2780 in order to leave a message or send an email. WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ABLE TO PROVIDE TIME WINDOWS FOR INSPECTIONS.
Note: Some projects require a minimum setback from property line whether or not a building permit is required. Please see the Building Division for required subdivision setbacks and property easements. No part of any structure may project into an easement per Section 10-4-2 of the Municipal Code.
Before You Dig
Before digging, call the Utility Notification Center of Colorado at 800-922-1987. It’s fast, free, and it is the law. Call at least three days before you plan to dig. Protect yourself, your family, and your neighborhood.
There are several ways to apply for permits. Please use only one method. Please do not apply more than once.
Please see the "Permit Submittal and Inspection Requirements" page for information on submittal requirements.
Please be advised, staff is not notified when additional documents are uploaded to the Portal. If you are providing additional information, uploading a requested document, or submitting a revised plan, please send an email indicating you have done this so the document(s) may be processed.
Apply for permits via email
Rapid Plan Review
RAPID REVIEW WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Schedule an Inspection
- Visit the “Customer Self-Service Portal” on desktop or mobile device
- Login or Register
- On a mobile device, select the menu button (top left-hand corner - 3 stacked horizontal lines)
- Click “Search”
- Search the permit # (do NOT include BPR/BPC) must enter a 4-digit year
- Click on your permit
- Click “Inspections”
- Check the inspections you need under “Action”
- Request inspections
- Select a date
- Add any notes/comments
- A green checkmark means success!
- Inspection request cut off time is 4:00 PM the business day prior
- Cancellations after 4:00 p.m. prior business day must be made by calling the main office number between &:30 and 8:30 a.m.
- Cancellations prior to 4:00 p.m. prior business day should be accomplished on the Portal
- To speak to an inspector for call 303-926-2780, between 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Inspection results are typically made available by 5:00 p.m. day of inspection
- Inspections may be canceled - check with our office to confirm your inspection
Live Video Inspections area available for occupied residential dwellings. View the full policy and procedure.
- Call (303) 926-2780 before 4 p.m. to request a live video inspection for the following business day.
- Provide the active building permit number, property address, type of inspection requested and an email address.
- A live video meeting invitation link will be emailed with confirmation of the scheduled inspection start time.