Water & Wastewater
The Water Treatment Division operates and maintains the 9.9 firm million gallons per day (mgd) Lynn Morgan Water Treatment Facility (WTF). WTF staff also operates and maintains the pretreatment plant, pump stations, interconnect, and water storage facilities. WTF staff monitors all aspects through the use of a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
Department of Public Works
Town of Erie Source Water Protection Plan
In September 2013, stakeholders within the Erie community worked together to complete a SOURCE WATER PROTECTION PLAN. The Plan identifies the area in need of protection, the potential sources of contaminants, and management approaches that could help to reduce the risk of contaminants entering the source waters. View the complete plan here.
View a flyer sent to Erie Resident's about the Source Water Protection Plan here.
New Water Service
To have new water service started, or to discontinue your current water service, please contact the Utility Billing department at 303-926-2752.
Keep it Clean Partnership
You Can Help By
- Cleaning up after your pet
- Washing your vehicle at a commercial car wash that treats or recycles its wastewater, or wash your car on your yard so the water soaks into the ground
- Repairing automotive leaks and disposing of used auto fluids
- Using pesticides and fertilizers sparingly, or not at all
- Monitoring your lawn watering requirements and don’t over water
- Hosting a speaker’s event
- Coordinating a stream team
- Sending nothing to the storm drain but rain
- Remembering To Keep It Clean ‘cause we’re all Downstream
- Sharing and enjoying a video of H2O Jo taking a ride through the storm drain