Click to Home
Go To Search
General Business & Home Occupation Licenses
Erie Municipal Code requires anyone doing business in the Town to be licensed by the Town.

There are two types of business licenses:
  • General Business Licenses - covers Wholesale, Retail, Service and Manufacturing type businesses.
  • Home Occupations -  covers any home based wholesale, retail, service, manufacturing, or day care business that employees only family members residing on site.
All businesses must have Community Development approval and may require a site visit and inspection by Town of Erie building inspectors.


Contractors Licenses
Contractors Licenses are issued through the Building Department. Please call 303-926-2780 for more information.

Backyard Chickens License
The Board of Trustees approved an ordinance permitting the keeping of backyard chickens effective November 29, 2013.  The keeping of backyard chicken hens shall be permitted accessory use to single-family detached dwelling units on lots greater than 5,000 square feet in lot area.  Residents must apply for a license which shall be reviewed and approved prior to bringing chickens on site.  Residents living within Homeowner Associations are encouraged to speak to their respective HOA prior to beginning the application process as most HOA's do not allow the keeping of backyard chickens.

Application for Backyard Chickens

Solicitation, Handbills, Special Events or Liquor Licensing
Licenses for Solicitation, Handbills, Special Events or Liquor Licensing is handled by the Town Clerk's Office.

Applications and Details:

Sales Tax
As a Statutory town, the Town of Erie's sales tax is collected by the State of Colorado.  Please contact the Colorado Department of Revenue for more information.

Img Sunny 46°F
Town of Erie 1874Savvy
17th Annual Communicator Award - Interactive Distinction
Town of Erie: 645 Holbrook Street, P.O. Box 750, Erie, CO 80516    Ph: 303-926-2700