Notice is hereby given that the November 6, 2012 General Election will be conducted in both Boulder and Weld counties.
2012 Notice of Financial Information
BALLOT QUESTION 2A
SHALL THE TOWN OF ERIE DEBT BE INCREASED BY NOT MORE THAN $6,200,000, WITH A REPAYMENT COST OF NOT MORE THAN $11,600,000, AND SHALL TOWN TAXES BE INCREASED NOT MORE THAN $1,200,000 ANNUALLY TO REPAY SUCH DEBT, ALL FOR TOWN PUBLIC SAFETY PURPOSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- ACQUISITION, CONSTRUCTION, AND EQUIPPING OF A POLICE STATION AND MUNICIPAL COURT BUILDING AND ALL NECESSARY AND INCIDENTAL FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT AND COSTS,
AND SHALL THE MILL LEVY BE INCREASED IN ANY YEAR WITHOUT LIMITATION AS TO RATE AND AMOUNT SUFFICIENT TO PAY THE PRINCIPAL OF, PREMIUM, IF ANY, AND INTEREST ON SUCH DEBT OR ANY REFUNDING DEBT (OR TO CREATE A RESERVE FOR SUCH PAYMENT); SUCH DEBT TO BE EVIDENCED BY THE ISSUANCE OF GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS OR OTHER MULTIPLE FISCAL YEAR FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS, TO BE SOLD IN ONE SERIES OR MORE, FOR A PRICE ABOVE OR BELOW THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF SUCH SERIES, ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WITH SUCH MATURITIES AS PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING PROVISIONS FOR REDEMPTION OF THE BONDS PRIOR TO MATURITY WITH OR WITHOUT PAYMENT OF THE PREMIUM OF NOT TO EXCEED THREE PERCENT; AND SHALL THE TOWN BE AUTHORIZED TO ISSUE DEBT TO REFUND THE DEBT AUTHORIZED IN THIS QUESTION, PROVIDED THAT AFTER THE ISSUANCE OF SUCH REFUNDING DEBT THE TOTAL OUTSTANDING PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF ALL DEBT ISSUED PURSUANT TO THIS QUESTION DOES NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM PRINCIPAL AMOUNT SET FORTH ABOVE, AND PROVIDED FURTHER THAT ALL DEBT ISSUED BY THE TOWN PURSUANT TO THIS QUESTION IS ISSUED ON TERMS THAT DO NOT EXCEED THE REPAYMENT COSTS AUTHORIZED IN THIS QUESTION; AND SHALL SUCH TAX REVENUES AND THE EARNINGS FROM THE INVESTMENT OF SUCH BOND PROCEEDS AND TAX REVENUES BE COLLECTED, RETAINED AND SPENT AS A VOTER APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIMITS WHICH WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY UNDER ARTICLE X, SECTION 20 OF THE COLORADO CONSTITUTION OR ANY OTHER LAW?
To register to vote in this election you must:
• Be a United States Citizen.
• Register to vote no later than 29 days before the election.
• Be 18 years old on or before the date of the election.
• Reside in Colorado and at your present address at least 30 days before the election.
• Complete the fields marked "REQUIRED" on the application.
• You must register online, mail, or deliver your Voter Registration to the Town or County Clerk and Recorder no later than 29 days before the election. Your eligibility to vote will be based on the date of online registration, postmark date, or the date you deliver the form in the Town or County Clerk and Recorder's office.
Online Voter Registration
If you have a Colorado State driver's license or ID card issued by the Department of Revenue you may register online at www.govotecolorado.com .
In addition to registering to vote online you may:
• Request to receive your ballot by mail
• Change your address on your current voter registration record
• Change your party affiliation on your current voter registration record
For more information, please contact Erie Town Clerk Nancy Parker:
645 Holbrook St.
Erie, Colorado 80516
You may also visit the Boulder County Clerk's Office or the Weld County Clerk's Office online.