645 Holbrook St.
P.O. Box 750
Inspection Line: 303-926-2785
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Building codes are established to provide minimum standards to safeguard life and limb, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling construction. Effective September 19, 2008, the Town of Erie is currently under the following codes:
Before You Dig
- The International Building Code, 2006 Edition
- The International Residential Code, 2006 Edition
- The Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings, 1997 Edition
- The National Electrical Code, 2008 Edition
- The International Energy Conservation Code, 2006 Edition
- The International Mechanical Code, 2006 Edition
- The International Plumbing Code, 2006 Edition
- The International Fuel Gas Code, 2006 Edition
- The International Existing Building Code, 2006 Edition
- The International Fire Code, 2006 Edition
Before digging, call the Utility Notification Center of Colorado at 800-922-1987. It's fast, free and it is the law! Call at least three days before you plan to dig. Protect yourself, your family and your neighborhood.
Building Guide Handouts
Building guide handouts
are available in the Building Inspection Division at Town Hall and online. If you have any questions, contact building inspection at 303-926-2780.
Some projects require a minimum setback from property line whether or not a building permit is required. Please see the Building Department for required subdivision setbacks and property easements. No part of any structure may project into an easement per Section 10-4-2 of the Municipal Code.